The competition is over! We will contact the winners in person during March.
What is culture? Can art or sports be considered as a culture? What about food, playing, crocheting or drawing? Is culture always happy or can it make you sad? Who has the right to make culture?
Tampere and the Tampere Region are together applying to become the European Capital of Culture in 2026 and we want to see how YOU see Culture.
Take a photo of culture and take part in the competition!
We challenge all the young people of the Tampere Region to take part in the Instagram photography competition! You can take photos with a SLR camera, digital camera, smartphone or any other device capable of taking a photo.
- For 13-20 years old young people of the Tampere Region
- Take a photo of your own interpretation of culture in your vicinity
- Post the photo on Instagram with hashtags #kuvaakulttuuria and #tampereregion2026
- If there are people in your photos, be sure to ask them for permission to take / publish the photo
- Time to participate is until 28.2.2021
Among the participants, the 26 most inspiring posts will be selected and the photographers will receive gift cards from the Suomalainen Kirjakauppa and Finnkino. The selection is carried out by the Tampere Region 2026 team.
By participating in the competition, you give the Tampere Region European Capital of Culture bid the right to repost your photos on the @TampereRegion2026 Instagram account.
If the Tampere Region 2026 project uses images in another context, a separate fee will be paid to the photographers.